AVP Corporate Action Manager - London, United Kingdom,
The company is a leading provider of financial services.
- Manage a team of 2 analysts processing the full life cycle of Corporate Action events for the Investment Bank Division.
- You will be responsible for managing the day to day functions of the team, providing Corporate Action technical support to the team and supporting functions.
- You will also review and implement effective controls to support various functions including Stock Lending Operations, International Prime Brokerage and Firm trading books.
- You will attend the weekly Front Office meetings and act as a first point of contact for incident reporting, ensuring that all corrective measures fully mitigate any future risk.
- Where there is an element of risk, a common sense approach is expected to be taken on all positions and exposures.
- An individual that can rise to many different challenges that different corporate actions may throw up; make steps to problem solve, act appropriately, responsibly and mitigate risks at all stages.
- You will have previous supervisory/management experience within Corporate Actions, ideally gained with a leading investment bank.
- You will also have an excellent understanding of securities markets together with the ability to understand and assess risk.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a prerequisite for the role.
- Be able to coach the team to exceed expectations and ensure are strong in following areas: Record Keeping, Deadline Management, Reconciliation, Trading risk mitigation, Processing accuracy, Processing time management.