Administrator - Banking - Barnton, Cheshire, United Kingdom, CW8
My client is one of the UK's largest and longest-established providers of high-quality financial planning advice and discretionary investment services. They aim to build and preserve their clients' wealth by providing a complete, personalised and professional service. Due to their ongoing growth they have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join their Northwich office.
About the Role
To ensure all cash transactions are processed timely and accurately and in accordance with CASS regulations and to monitor suspicious activity.
- Cheque banking, cheque and BACS submissions and rejections, CHAPS payments, Direct Debit receipts, funding executions, cash adjustments, client payments, banking cheques.
- Monitor suspicious activity.
- In this role, you will demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved. Specifically this includes following
Regulatory Responsibilities (Compliance/T&C)
- To fully comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended from time to time) and the rules of The Financial Conduct Authority and any other applicable laws and regulations.
- To communicate and escalate potential issues in a prompt and effective manner.
- To participate in relevant training courses when requested to do so, in particular anti-money laundering and market abuse training.
- To adhere to the relevant Asset Management division policies, including those on conflicts of interest, gifts and entertainment at all times.
- To follow the Group and local rules on personal account dealing as set out in the Group Personal Dealing Rules and supplemented by specific additional local requirements set out in the relevant Compliance Manual.
- To fully comply with the relevant Anti-Money Laundering regulations, specifically relating to the verification of clients and report promptly any knowledge or suspicion of money laundering activities to the relevant MLRO. Undertake and record sufficient appropriate CPD to evidence that you have adequately maintained your competence.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately within very tight deadlines.
- Good team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility and availability to work overtime during peak workload periods.
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Previous Financial Services experience, specifically in a Wealth Management business would be a great advantage, as would experience in working with investment products and 'platforms.'
Rewards and Benefits
The company recognise the value of a work life balance, and have put together a benefits package that reflects this.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Pension - Group Stakeholder Pension Plan 5.3% employee and 10% employer contribution
- Life assurance - 4 times annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave - minimum of 25 days as standard with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days' additional annual leave every March
- Plus further benefits including competitive family friendly offering , information available upon request
this is a great opportunity to join a market leading organisation who support and encourage development and progression