Agile Business Analyst - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
My client a leading insurance company is looking for a good all round Agile Business Analyst
Coming from an insurance background is beneficial - working on either claims for mortgages project before would be fantastic
The Business Analyst role is a vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives. The Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the business needs are clearly understood, documented and conveyed to the information technology teams, in accordance with my clients Business Analysis methodologies and governance.
The Business Analyst will own and maintain these requirements throughout the project lifecycle ensuring the solution delivered meets the objectives of the project, including scope, time, cost and quality.
The role will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders across my clients, including but not limited to peers, suppliers, testers, business partners, project managers, developers and the business to ensure successful delivery of projects.
The Business Analyst will also have a role in supporting improvements which can be made across the information technology department.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support to the production of the business case and any associated material.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation utilising techniques appropriate to the project and the stakeholder audience.
- Capture 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' business processes using BPMN 2.0 standards.
- Conduct Gap Analysis
- Define clear, concise, realistic and testable functional and non-functional business requirements with your stakeholders to achieve the appropriate project outcome.
- Produce, own and maintain relevant business analysis documentation in line with our templates, methodologies and governance.
- Call out risks and issues to the project so that these can be managed and escalated appropriately.
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues within IT including but not limited to project managers, business partners, testers and developers.
- Negotiate and influence stakeholders and manage resolutions where conflicts are present.
- Support the business with defining their future vision.
- Support the business through the change lifecycle from both a technical and people perspective.
- Own and develop the relationships with stakeholders across multiple geographic regions.
- Promote the business analysis capabilities within my clients and be recognised as an expert in business analysis, helping to create a best in class service.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ensure that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in those areas of the business within the jobholder's responsibility.
- Other duties may be assigned