Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Insurance - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
The role will involve all aspects of Insurance research, including 1) researching the many industry segments that comprise Insurance across EMEA and ROW, 2) financial modelling, database maintenance, and company valuation, 3) writing industry and company reports, 4) communicating with internal and external clients, including our colleagues in India 5) building relationships with corporates under coverage, 6) leveraging industry contacts to create differentiated events for clients to attend. The demands on the analyst are sometimes high and a demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure is essential.
- Performing research and information gathering across the varied sub-segments of the Insurance sector
- Working with and independently of the senior analysts in the team
- Axillary and primary analysis of stocks in EMEA and EEMEA
- Interpreting data and performing analysis on the market, economic, regulatory and political events affecting the Insurance sector
- Attending company conferences and industry events to gather data and learn
- Developing and maintaining complex company and industry financial models
- Valuing companies using a variety of metrics appropriate to the Insurance sector
- Writing equity research reports - thematic ones on the industry and stock specific ones on companies under coverage
- Contributing to collaborative cross sector reports with both European and global research colleagues
- Building relationships with the companies under coverage
- Leveraging industry contacts to create differentiated events for clients to attend: conferences, field trips, expert speakers
- Bachelors' degree (or equivalent) with outstanding academic qualifications
- Experience working in large, global investment banking environment
- Experience in modeling, researching and valuing and researching Insurance companies for an Equity Research function within an investment bank
- Experience in researching non-EMEA financials, including emerging markets
- Experience in assessing the drivers of the varied sub-segments of the Insurance industry
- Advanced level of MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong accounting, financial modelling/financial mathematical skills are required
- Meticulous attention to detail, diligence and conscientiousness
- Proven organizational and time management skills as well as ability to work under pressure
- Capable of working effectively both independently and with multiple teams/individuals
Application closing date: 20th July 2018
Package: Competitive base salary + discretionary incentive award + benefits package
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.