Assistant Manager - Investment Operations - City, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, EH1
Role: Assistant Manager - Investment Operations
Salary: £35-45k + benefits (worth c. 30% of basic)
Our client, a large banking and finance company aims to make a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities and are playing a central role in crafting a growing UK economy. Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank.
This role will be joining Investment Operations TPA Oversight and Controls to provide support to the oversight of the NAV Calculation process. They perform daily, weekly and monthly processes to ensure timely and accurate production financial data with special emphasis on processes with a pricing impact to confirm sign off of accurate daily fund pricing to all internal and external systems in accordance with agreed deadlines.
What would you get involved in?
- You'll provide technical support and assistance to the business in a subject area, using your own judgment as to when more complex queries require raising to Senior Management.
- You'll deliver small-scale projects or well-defined tasks on larger projects to improve support to the business and monitor and support a range of processes and systems to ensure that
- they are effectively maintained and coordinated, recommending improvements.
- You'll establish and build relationships internally with Actuarial and Corporate Reporting, Risk, Audit, Marketing, Product Development and Customer Service on unit pricing related issues and develop and build relationships with third party fund management and accounting service providers providing a level of oversight of their compliance with agreed policies of unit pricing, tax and operational risk.
What skills and experience can you bring to the role?
- You'll have an understanding of investment accounting, financial reporting principles and methodologies, investment markets and securities together with the ability to analyse and present financial data explaining variances and resolving queries.
- Experience in the statutory and regulatory environment as it applies to linked and non-linked business would be beneficial, as would professional qualifications such as a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or an Associate of Securities Institute/IAQ (but not a necessity).
- A key requirement for the role is the ability to build strong relationships, superior planning and time-management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
And in return?
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
Please apply now for immediate consideration.Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.