Assistant Manager -Financial Crime Operations - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
We are looking for Assistant Manager -Financial Crime Operations for one of our Clients to join their growing team at London Office.
Our client is an International Public Sector banking and financial services company.
The job holder is required to have a strong AML and anti-financial crime background. The purpose of this role is to manage the transaction monitoring team, responsible for undertaking and analysing transactions for suspicious activity reporting.
This role will have some line management responsibility.
- Manage the transaction monitoring team, responsible for investigating and assessing alerts of potential money laundering and financial crime risks to the Bank
- Manage workflows and establish, maintain and follow agreed to calendar, procedures for transaction monitoring
- Perform on-going review of the AML system used in generating alerts and provide constructive reports to Deputy Manger -Financial Crime Operations for system related changes for making the system/process more robust
- Review alert scenarios and thresholds for effectiveness and draft a report outlining any proposed changes and the impact
- Ensure efficient identification of suspicious activities and transactions
- Ensure high quality of investigations is maintained, providing support and training to TM Associates to identify 'red flags' which may indicate potential suspicious activity when investigating alerts
- Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious activity reports (SARs) to the MLRO
- Maintain relevant MI required for tracking alerts and escalated SAR's and any other activity within the team as may arise from time to time
- Composing financial crime updates to communicate information to financial crime associates on latest trends/patterns
- Undertake investigations and follow up with stakeholders to resolve any issues that are raised
- Responsible for making amendments to the transactional monitoring process manual
- Whilst primary responsibility is transaction monitoring, involvement in payment screening, Fraud and ongoing KYC monitoring may be required from time to time
- Partipate in the successful implemention of the new AML system
- Participate in adhoc projects that may be identified from time to time
- Background understanding of AML Transactional Monitoring environment with experience in financial crime
- Knowledge of regulatory rules and AML regulations
- Knowledge of financial services sector and sanction regimes
- Good experience of business activities and Compliance within banking especially linked to FCA/ PRA/ICO and other regulators
- Knowledge of retail and commercial banking products
- Experience in detailed analysis of customer transactions and making recommendations on next steps
- Experience in identifying unusual/ suspicious transactions and outlining rationale.
- Knowledge and experience of risk based approach pertaining to AML processes
If you feel interested in the role and have the required expereince and qualifications, 'Apply' immediately.