Assistant Manager, Private Banking Services - London, United Kingdom,
Our client is a well-established Private Banking and Banking Services institution and a leading banking group in the Middle East. Banking Services is a part of the Consumer Banking and Wealth Management division providing a wide array of retail banking products and services to the Bank's High Net Worth and Mass Affluent sector clients. There is an opportunity to join a highly professional team that promotes from within and offers genuine long term progression.
The successful candidate will have experience in a client facing role within a Personal Banking environment and understanding of Banking procedures and Banking Operations as well as understanding the basic features of the products and services.
They will need experience and cultural awareness of Middle East clients in order to build relationships and be able to apply basic concepts and techniques while selling products targeted at pre-determined needs of the customers.
- Should have a positive "cando" attitude combined with a flexible approach to the tasks required
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, open and effective communicator, seeks to develop and improve self
- Strong MS Office Skills, knowledge of wide range of retail banking products and services
- Excellent customer service skills and be customer Service orientated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a professional manner both over the telephone and face to face
Duties will include:
- Service of existing client relationships
- Achieving high levels of service standards and maximize client satisfaction
- Assisting Wealth Management RMs in meeting the basic banking services needs of their clients
- Providing administrative assistance to clients as requested by their Private Banking RMs
- Compliance with the Bank's Policies and Procedures as well as FSA and anti-money laundering regulations
Client Relationship Management and Acquisitions:
- To have direct ownership of accounts for customers for basic banking transactions and service requirements
- To be conversant with a wide range of Retail Banking products and services, to be competent in discussing basic banking products and services, including lending products, with all clients.
- To act as an effective "trustedadvisor" in the delivery of these services to clients, assisting in delivering the optimum financial solution to clients at all times
- To develop and retain client relationships, while contributing actively to the business development goals of the unit
- To proactively contact customers in portfolio in order to capture higher share of wallet by cross-selling products and marketing new products and services.
- Responsible for account opening, initial relationship building and managing the early customer lifecycle for New to Bank customers
- Provide product and service information, advice and relevant products and services to customers to increase their awareness and promote their usage.
- Understand when to bring in Wealth Management RM and/or Product Specialists when specialized advice is needed and identify cross sell opportunities and refer business to the appropriate other areas of the bank (e.g. Wealth Management, Corporate Banking, etc.)
- Create and exploit opportunities to promote and sell a portfolio of products and services
- To be aware of broad market trends, customer preferences and new products, as well as activities of key competitors
- Accountable for regular monitoring of client satisfaction and service quality levels by ensuring that client expectations are consistently met and exceeded
- To complete security call-backs to clients to confirm any email instructions or instructions over guideline thresholds
Compliance & Risk:
- Apply, and comply with, relevant processes, procedures and controls to meet the unit's needs while providing efficient service to customers
- To be responsible for ensuring up-to-date compliance, KYC and client profile for each client as well as maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Maintain strict control of confidential documents / secured negotiable items to prevent loss or misuse
- To safeguard the reputation of the bank by employing best practices and acting in a professional manner at all times
- To document all meetings held with clients and contribute to the reporting processes established in the unit
- To be able to recognize and address customer problems and complaints to achieve satisfactory resolutions, referring issues beyond the role limit to appropriate points of reference in accordance to the bank's procedures and FCA regulated processes
- To comply with the above policies on an ongoing basis and report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising manager(s)
- To have full awareness of all policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention and KYC
- To continuously strive for self-development and improvement by identifying training/coaching needs and communicating them in a timely manner to the Unit manager as appropriate
- Completing all necessary regulatory training prescribed as part of role responsibilities