Assistant Relationship Manager - Large Commercial / Mid-Corporate Bank - City, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1
Assistant Relationship Manager - Large Commercial / Mid Corporate Banking - Newcastle
Our client is following a strategy of becoming a niche Business Bank throughout the UK. As part of their strategy they are developing the business across a broad range of sectors and geographies. They are now seeking a Business Growth Officer to join the team and make a difference by helping them achieve their growth. This role is a great career development opportunity working in their Newcastle office.
They aim to make the bank one of the best places to work - a place where the very best people want to come and develop their careers.
The role will allow the successful candidate to gain and develop strong expertise in both relationship management as well as business development, focused on large commercial and mid- corporate level businesses.
You will contribute to the team's delivery of new business opportunities in its key growth sectors, targeting both firms and KBI's. Attend customer meetings and events, with the expectation that you will build your own network over time.
This is a great development and growth role for an ambitious and motivated candidate, an opportunity to really make a difference in a fast moving business with significant growth aspirations.
Your Next Challenge:
- Support the Business Growth Manager in all aspects of the local growth strategy
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer base, prospects and KBIs.
- Deliver a first class customer service and experience.
- Develop a portfolio of target customers and external KBIs in conjunction with the team.
- Attend new business meetings and prepare credit papers based on discussions.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal Partners including all Product Specialists, Credit and other support functions.
- Stay updated on current issues and trends in the sector, with attendance at events relevant to the sector.
- Sustain a strong culture of compliance, controls and operational, credit and risk policies and procedures.
What you'll need
- 4+ years Commercial Banking experience
- Strong credit experience in a relationship management role
- Interest in developing own KBI network
- Strong interpersonal skills with an interest in business development & networking
Please note: The Minimum Education requirements for entry to our client is 5 GCSE passes (or higher), to include a pass in English and Maths. These 5 subjects must be achieved with a grade of A - C. Confirmation of this will be sought if successful for the role
What else should you demonstrate:
Lending, Credit Analysis & Decisioning - Analyse the credit and risk implications of credit proposals and make well-informed lending decisions to grow profitable business
Credit Management - Monitor and control decisioned and drawn credit, balancing long-term asset quality with customer needs
Teamwork and collaboration - working together to deliver results
Planning and priority setting - getting things done effectively and efficiently
Communication and influencing - genuine two-way communication to achieve consensus and progress
How You'll Be Rewarded:
This is an opportunity to be part of something that is stable, exciting and growing. You will receive a base salary of up to £40,000 PA dependent upon experience plus large town allowance, pension, healthcare and various other benefits. Career opportunities are there for the taking for the right people as the bank continues to grow.