Associate Director, Private Banking (UAE Region) - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
We are looking for a Relationship Manager to provide support, advice and strategic approach to high net-worth UK Non-domiciled clients. The individual would lead the sales and business performance as well as help to effectively manage client portfolios.
Marketing and Sales / Business Development
- To continue building investment knowledge and be conversant with the full range of private banking services: to be competent in trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services and to act as an effective trusted advisor in the delivery of these services
- Initiates, develops and retains client relationships while contributing actively to the business development and financial goals of the unit. Is jointly involved in client solicitation, presentation, closings, account management and development
- To complete credit responsibilities such as reviewing excess reports, preparing Facility Applications, credit reviews, and negotiation of credit terms
- Works and liaises with Private Banking, Dubai to keep abreast of investment and product offerings to be the client's window to the private banking services offered the Bank.
- Ensures that client product needs and services are met
- To be responsible for up-to-date compliance, KYC and client profile on each client.
- To be responsible for assessing risk tolerance and investment suitability of each client and marketing appropriate products and services
- Attending to clients' needs in colleague's absence whilst adhering at all times to the FCA competences requirements
- Has a good investment knowledge and good knowledge of the UK property market and lending to develop the London branch real estate investment programme
- Sufficient knowledge in trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services and the aim of becoming an effective "trusted advisor" in the delivery of these services to team clients
- To be responsible for client satisfaction and service quality levels by ensuring that the client's needs are met by performing administrative tasks required to fulfil client requirements
- Remains informed about market trends, customer preferences, and new products
- Contributes to all aspects of the marketing mix including products development
- Completes meeting reports and establishes a follow-up system
- Participates, anticipates, enquires, responds, and prepares written presentations and other documents independently
- In addition to the duties listed, the employee may, from time to time, be required to perform other duties assigned by their manager
- Safeguards the reputation of the bank by employing best practice and acting in a professional manner at all times
- Ensures that a high level of confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Meets all deadlines
Skills / Attributes Required
- Has worked in a client facing role within a private banking environment for at least 10 years with a minimum of five years in an investment advisory position or has relevant knowledge and experience
- Has the relevant FCA accreditation to undertake an advisory role which includes the Certificate in Securities and Financial Derivatives and the Investment Advisory Certificate
- Be fully RDR Compliant
- Is conversant with the full range of Private Banking services, including trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services
- Has an extensive network of contacts
- Is culturally aware and possesses market intelligence of UAE markets required to develop business and to be well perceived in the market place. Able to structure a network through the market conducive to client acquisition
- MS Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to thrive whilst working under pressure
- Should have a positive "can do" attitude combined with a flexible approach to the tasks required
- Fluency in Arabic would be helpful.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification.