Audit Manager70K Banking - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Audit Manager(ACA or IIA qualified preferred)
Working for a Private/Commercial Bank based in the City of London. They also have offices in the West End. This role will not be managing a team straight away, but will have the potential in the future.
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit
Objective: Assist the Head of Internal Audit to implement the risk-based audit strategy across all branches and operational units of the Bank.
The bank's preference is for an ACA or IIA qualified auditor, a couple of years post qualification from either a practice, or from a bank/financial services internal audit background. Specialist audit skills are welcome: IT Audit (not strictly required); Regulatory Reporting; Financial Crime; Liquidity and Capital Management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Update and implement, in coordination with the Head of Internal Audit, the existing risk-based audit strategy for all the functions across the bank;
- Developing and implementing, in coordination with the Head of Internal Audit, a programme of audits and ensuring that all risk areas are audited commensurate with their risk profile in order to ensure compliance to relevant statues and regulations;
- Reviewing internal controls in all functions of the Bank; highlighting the appropriate generic and specific risks and providing recommendations for improving the control culture both informally and formally to the function and through formally documented reports to senior management;
- Continue to raise the profile of risk management through implementation of the controlled risk self-assessments;
- Providing recommendation for improving the control culture through dissemination of generic risks for appropriate action;
- Manage an effective audit follow up process to ensure identified risks are addressed within the agreed timescale;
- Undertaking special investigations as required and/or requested by the management;
- Undertake evaluations of the viability and implementation of new projects and business
Developments as they arise;
- Update and monitor the risk assessment system;
- Liaising with external auditors to optimise the contribution of internal audit;
- Provide guidance and assist to the junior members of the team in order to ensure they achieve their personal development targets;
- Ensuring compliance with Conduct Risk Management Framework (CRMF) and escalating any conduct risk related matters to their respective business head;
- Need to deputise for Head of Internal Audit in his/her absence; and
- Any other assignment entrusted by the Head of Internal Audit.
Committees: Participation by invitation in any of the committee as observer
Salary/Package: 60-70k per annum. Plus Private Medical Insurance, Discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday(plus 8 bank holidays)
If interested please get in touch ASAP. Interview will be taking place this week.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.