Banking Cashier - Urdu Speaker required - Harrow, Middlesex, United Kingdom, HA1
My client is a reputable SME foreign bank, they are looking to hire a Operations Support Officer in their Harrow branch. The ideal candidate will have some banking experience and can speak URDU or GUJARATI.
To aid & support the branch in an operational capacity by performing day to day banking tasks, as well as provide support to the branch manager & relationship managers in fulfilling their needs & requirements. In addition to also undertake regulatory action (transactional monitoring) on a daily basis for the branch portfolio.
- Customer service with clients
- Liaising with clients over the phone/email/in person about their account queries and requests. Including checking their balances, maturity of their deposits, transaction(s) information required by the bank for compliance monitoring, making deals with treasury for the client's remittance.
- Answering calls for the RM's if they are not available to answer and assisting the client's needs.
- Locker operations
- Renewals, opening, closing, operating a locker.
- Cash operations
- Deposits, withdrawals, ordering liquidity, Cash collection/pick up. End of day cash up procedure to make sure credit/debits are correctly done.
- Cheque lodgement
- Due Diligence performed on cheques received in branch, either in post or in person.
- Payment requests
- Transfer requests processed from clients either by fax, e-mail, phone, in person.
- Call back processed, relevant RM's to sign off the transfer and then dispatched to remittance.
- Compliance monitoring
- Looking after the Head office compliance entries and keeping them at absolute minimum with maximum information received from client/RM.
- Liaising with other departments
- CAM - account maintenance issues (web login/securekey/dormancy lift/changes to account etc)
- Treasury - front office for deals taking place for clients, back office for time deposit issues, new TD's, maturity & breaking of time deposits also.
- Account Opening
- On-boarding new customers along with the bank's policy with documents / forms required. Core processing of account opening, maintenances and customer instructions. KYC also conducted for all new customers.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the banking / operational industry
- Fluent Urdu or Gujarati speaker
Good passes in A-Level as minimum or equivalent