Banking Head of Client Due Diligence - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
A new opportunity has arisen with LMA Recruitment's client; an international bank in the city. The responsibility of the Head of Client Due Diligence (CDD) is to manage the CDD team and activities, seeking to implement effective CDD/KYC in the most operationally efficient way possible.
The expectation of the Head of CDD is to manage and lead the CDD unit's staff and activities in London and across the European platform, in particular:
- Creation/revision and implementation of effective and efficient 1st Line of Defence (1LOD) Client Onboarding/CDD procedures and processes
- Assess client financial crime risk and level of due diligence required (enhanced, standard or simplified).
- Under dual control, sign-off CDD files that satisfy internal requirements for Low & Medium risk rated clients.
- When justified, make recommendations to MLRO for sign-off on clients moving to/from a High Risk rating.
- Ensuring CDD records of clients and captured as required in the Bank's systems and records/filing.
- Identification and escalation of Politically Exposed Persons associated with clients.
- Manage KYC alerts from the system where a client has been on-boarded or as a result of the daily screening process.
- Managing 1LOD compliance with relevant standards, policies, procedures and audit matter from a CDD perspective.
This is a 6 month FTC with the potential to go permanent.