Branch Manager - Financial / Banking - Bradford, Yorkshire, United Kingdom, BD1
We are looking for a highly capable Branch Manager in the banking and financial services sector in Bradford. As Branch Manager, you will ensure branch operations run fluently and effectively, leading a small team to assist new and existing customers with their savings and loan accounts.
This is a growing branch and sector of the banking and financial services industry and therefore has career advancement opportunities. You will report to the CEO and will be supported on policy matters, objectives and any complex problems which may arise. However, you will need to have the capability and confidence of running a team in the financial services sector to run the branch with autonomy.
- Provide regular reviews of systems, developing and improving them in the best interest of customers
- Identify products that will benefit customers that will assist in providing a competitive range of services including appropriate support to financially excluded communities
- Ensure branch operations compliant with FCA/PRA and all other relevant regulations
- Supervise staff with strong problem-solving abilities, excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills.
- Carry out regular office staff appraisals, formulate training plans and assist in staff training and development.
- Provide strategic and financial management of the branch, focusing on financial accounting, financial planning, business development and staff management.
- Assist and undertake pieces of accountancy work that will support and guide the branch in achieving its business objectives.
- Promote the delivery of an excellent service in accordance with professional standards, legislative requirements and business policies and procedures.
- Build relationships of trust, communicate in an informed, confident, polite and understanding manner with all clients, customers, members and staff.
- Responsible for own professional development with the assistance of the CEO and the trade association training academy.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED;
- Previous Manager or Team Leader in the Banking / Financial Services Sector
- Staff management and development including appraisals and disciplinaries
- Have confidence in managing and controlling budgets and have good financial appraisal and analytical skills.
- Dealt with Regulatory Bodies i.e. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA), Financial Services Compensation scheme (FSCS) or other regulatory and funding agencies.
- Report writing and analytical skills and able to competently and confidently deliver presentations to CEO and the Board of Directors and other groups
- IT competent including experience of spreadsheet models or manipulating data extracts.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED;
- Motivated and energetic
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Able and willing to seek out other points of view
- Firm and resolute
- Effective time management
- Adapts to change
- Demonstrate initiative
- Respects confidentiality
- Articulate and a good listener
A DBS and FCA check will be carried out as part of the recruitment process.
- The salary range is £30,000 to £32,000 p.a. depending on experience
- Full-time / Permanent
- Monday to Thursday - 8.30am to 4.30pm / Friday - 8.30am to 4pm
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme and good range of benefits and perks
Please apply with an up to date CV, detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location. Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CVs we receive, unfortunately we are unable to personally respond to all applications.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.