Chinese Speaking Graduate - Corporate Banking Assistant - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co., Ltd. (SPD Bank) has been operating since January 9, 1993. By the end of December 2018, the Bank had total assets of RMB 6.29 trillion. Now, it operates a network of 41 branches and approximately 1,700 banking outlets inside and outside China, and the number of employees exceeds 50,000.
SPD Bank has been ranked among the Top 100 Listed Companies in China by Asia Weekly for several consecutive years. In January 2019, the Bank ranked 18th on the Top 500 Banking Brands list released by the British magazine The Banker, with a brand value of USD 13,252 million, being 7th among Chinese banks.
SPDB started operating London Branch as pioneer and a big milestone for achieving its internationalization approach on 6 February 2018 with the approval of UK authority on 18 December 2017. The establishment of a good compliance and risk culture has been given high priority by SPD Bank and we continue to build a good reputation locally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Support Head of Corporate Banking Department and Corporate Banking Relationship Managers to grow revenue to meet team targets;
- Assist to provide and promote high quality corporate banking products and services to clients;
- Prepare required documentations for reporting and meetings;
- Update and maintain accurate client/credit files;
- Support Relationship Managers to carry out Pre-loan investigation, credit procedure and after-loan management, the implementation of the trade financing business review and self-examination;
- Carry out corporate KYC and AML related work;
- In addition to these duties, the Employee may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties within his/her capacity as necessary to meet the needs of the bank's business.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Degree from a reputable university in Finance, qualified CFA or CPA preferred
- Achieved a degree (2:2 or above)
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Excellent Communication skills with ability to build professional working relationship
- Positive and confident personality
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Self-motivator who enjoys working in a fast-paced and target driven working environment
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Having previous office based work experience is a plus but not a must
- Previous experience working in a wholesale bank will be a big plus
We are not sponsoring visa for this role, thus you must have the right to work in UK before applying for the role.
Due to the high volume of CV we have been receiving, please note that you will only be contacted if you have been selected for interview.
We thank you for your time and effort in applying for this role.