Commercial Finance Analyst - Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom, M21 0
Commercial Finance Analyst
Salary: up to £24,000pa
Benefits: 25days A/L, 4-5% matched Pension, Life Assurance (4xsal) + additional 3% flex fund to spend on benefits like gym membership, company shares, or even to buy additional annual leave
Duration: Perm/Full time
This a great opportunity for candidates who are aiming to build skills such as pricing, project accounting, stakeholder management, commercial awareness and financial management. Also the role offers fantastic opportunity for someone to progress in our organisation, and would be suitable for a candidate looking to develop into a Finance career and gain professional qualifications (AAT/CIMA etc) with a funded training package available.
Who are we?
Established in 2013, SSCL (Shared Services Connected Limited), is a joint venture between Sopra Steria and the Cabinet Office.
We have an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large scale business support solutions including HR, Payroll, Finance, IT, Procurement and Administration for our long list of clients including The Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice, Met Police and the Home Office.
We have an opportunity for a Commercial Finance Analyst to join our Commercial Finance team. You will be primarily be responsible for supporting the end to end order to cash cycle of contract change activities (Circa £30m pa revenue), with other opportunities to support larger value revenue projects in SSCL.
Working as part of a team you will be integral in the full spectrum of revenue generation from SSCL contract change activities, including pricing new deals and contracts, ensuring invoicing clients is accurate and complete, resolving any debt queries and support the wider finance team with forecasting and backlog analysis
Day to Day Responsibilities
· A key part will be working directly with a variety of stakeholders in the business such as change managers, project managers, Delivery Operations managers, Commercial and Finance managers.
· Produce accurate and regular customer invoicing of change projects
· Build pricing and costing models based from impact assessments from client change requests
· Review projects for live contracts, ensuring project financial budgets are accurate and correct governance is completed
· Produce accurate MI of change projects to identify any areas of financial risk such as Aged debt, revenue leakage or cost overruns
· Act as deputy for Commercial Finance Team leader
· Contribute to environment of continuous improvement and sharing best practice
The ideal candidate will have impeccable attention to detail, be able to organise workloads to deadlines, be self-driven with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders in the wider business quickly, but also include the following:
· Financials understanding, but previous experience in pricing/projects/customer invoicing is an advantage
· Experience working with multiple stakeholders
· Ability to work quickly and accurately and present information in a clear format
· Natural problem solver and confidence to challenge where numbers don't look right
· Experience with Microsoft Excel
· Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast paced environment in a large organization.
· Experience with Oracle Financials would be beneficial but not a deal breaker
The successful candidates will be required to go through security clearance...... click apply for full job details