Commodity STS Strats - VP/ED - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
Commodity STS Strats - VP/ED
My client is looking for a professional to join the Systematic Trading Strategy (STS) Desk Strat team. You will hold a key front-office role responsible for developing end of day and real time risk management tools, and execution tools for this fast growing business, working with trading and other strategists.
The Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological expertise to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
DAY TO DAY:
- Exposure to various asset classes our clients transact in, with a focus on commodities.
- Connectivity with traders, salespeople, and multiple areas of strategists.
- You will be challenged to think strategically, proposing new business design, analytics and/or solutions to meet traders' needs. As you gain expertise in the dynamics of the trading business, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest.
- Academic background in a quantitative or technical discipline.
- Advanced object oriented coding and software design skills.
- Understanding of financial math concepts, e.g. Black Scholes pricing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working as part of a team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
- Preferably with experience within Commodities Derivatives.
- Preferably with knowledge of developing and supporting risk systems.