Compliance Consultant - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
An exciting opportunity has become available for a driven graduate to join a highly successful Compliance Consultancy based in central Manchester.
Scott Robert provides expert compliance guidance to all types and sizes of regulated companies, including, Investments, CMC's, debt counselling, mortgage lenders, credit brokers and consumer credit lenders.
We are expecting rapid growth within late 2018 and 2019, with this in mind, we are looking to recruit someone new to join the team.
What is Compliance?
Compliance is the act of conforming to set of regulation and legislation set out by the UK Government and the EU. The FCA, ICO and MOJ are government bodies which ensure that organizations adhere to the strict laws. All authorised companies must follow these laws or they may lose their license to trade.
The successful candidate will enjoy providing a high level of customer service, have good organisation and communication skills. All applicants must have a degree level of education preferably in Law, Business, Human Resource, Banking and Finance or History.
You will be on a set career path to become a Compliance Consultant, you will be responsible for your own clients, ensuring that they are working within the set regulation and legislation that their business must follow when authorised.
Through training and development, we will provide you with a sound knowledge of compliance, improving your personal skillset as your progress though our Learning and Development Plan.
In reward for your hard work you will be provided with 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. In addition to these standard holidays, you can earn an extra 6 holidays per year though the company reward scheme.
The company operates Monday to Friday and working hours are flexible.
Starting salary £16,000 rising to £45,000 OTE (normally within 3 years).
- Excellent communication and time management skills at all levels
- High standard of written accuracy
- Self-Starter who is eager to learn and self-develop knowledge of the firm's technical approaches
- Excellent administration and telephone skills
- An organised individual who can work under pressure and produce work to the standard required
- Flexible and adaptable
- Computer literate and aptitude in Microsoft Office
- Experience working within the Financial Services market within a compliance function, ideally within consultancy - Not required but desirable
- In-depth knowledge of the FCA/PRA rulebook - Not required but desirable
- Conduct external audits and deliver informative and constructive feedback clients
- Create compliance manuals and frameworks to suit each client's individual needs
- Visit clients to carry out compliance monitoring review
- Communicating with clients via telephone and email to address any issues
- Regularly review compliance documentation to ensure it is in line with regulations
- Carry out analysis of risk by conducting regular risk assessments
- Dealing with day-to-day advice and regulatory queries from other departments
- Ensure quality assurance compliance procedures are carried out in line with framework guidelines
- Attend relevant mandatory training courses
- Record all data on company CRM
Face to Face meetings with clients