Compliance Monitoring Analyst - London, United Kingdom,
Our client is a large Wealth Manager in London, looking to appoint a Compliance professional into the 2nd Line of Defence Group Compliance and Risk function to focus on Compliance Monitoring and/or Trade Surveillance.
This role will independently monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's systems and controls, ensuring that the Group is operating in Compliance with applicable regulation, policies and procedures and ensuring that clients are treated fairly. This is conducted through a range of compliance thematic reviews, regular monitoring and surveillance as part of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
The successful individual will contribute to providing continual assurance that the Group's risk management, culture and practices continue to meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Actively managing relationships in the business and the third line (Internal Audit) to promote the continuous improvement of the Group's systems and controls.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure that compliance monitoring findings are discussed and that realistic timeframes for the completion of any remedial actions are agreed
- Prepare compliance reports and Management Information (MI) for distribution to relevant forums
- Scope and conduct assigned thematic reviews as established by the Compliance Monitoring Plan to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to test adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Escalate any significant issues, weaknesses or outstanding action items to the Head of Compliance Monitoring & Thematic Reviews
- Record and track completion of agreed action items arising from thematic reviews