Compliance Specialist - City, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1
The Conduct Risk team provides interpretation, guidance and oversight to the group to help maintain compliance with conduct regulations and effective management of conduct risks. As part of the wider risk function, this team forms part of the 2nd line of defence to assess the suitability of controls across 1st line operations to maintain compliance and to deliver good outcomes to customers and clients.
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the development and delivery of the 2nd line conduct and compliance monitoring plan, to support the group in identifying and managing response to regulatory development. Effective performance will add value through enhanced compliance or management of conduct risks and independent assurance of effective controls.
Reporting to the Newcastle Building Society Group's Head of Conduct Risk the post holder will:
- Carry out compliance activities and provide guidance and updates to key stakeholders in line with business goals and strategy in a professional and credible manner.
- To carry out 2nd line monitoring reviews to assess suitability of controls to manage compliance with regulation, to deliver good customer outcomes and to maintain a culture that is aligned to the Society's purpose and core behaviours.
- Scan the regulatory horizon to identify, review and analyse new regulations or changes to existing regulation, to facilitate successful stakeholder consultation, and initiate proactive change activity.
- Collate conduct MI to inform relevant governance committees of performance against conduct measures and of emerging risks.
- Proactively managing own workload.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with working in a regulated environment, specifically within the Financial Services sector
- Familiar with the structure and content of the FCA Handbook in particular MCOB, BCOBS and DISP, as well as Payment Service Regulations
- Ability to interpret complex regulatory information
- Experience of supporting business areas, providing constructive challenge and guidance
- Confidence to challenge effectively at all levels
- Able to produce concise and relevant written reports
- Analytical, thorough and tenacious