Conduct and Operational Risk Consultant - City, Leeds, United Kingdom, LS1
British Pound . GBP -
The Customer and Commercial Risk team is an integral part of YBS's Customer and Commercial Divisions. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively with our colleagues in teams like Trading, New Product Development, Marketing and Direct and Intermediary Distribution to ensure we're identifying, mitigating and managing conduct, credit and operational risks to allow us to provide a fantastic experience and sustainable growth and performance for our customers and members.
Above all else, the Customer and Commercial Risk team is there to help and support the rest of the Customer and Commercial Divisions deliver their objectives safely and responsibly.
As a Conduct and Operational Risk Consultant you'll be a key member of our team leveraging your Conduct and Operational Risk management expertise to help YBS deliver its Customer and Commercial objectives. We will give you the opportunity and support to develop and shape a brilliant career in a changing and exciting business, where you can enjoy the challenge as we transform to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be Your Brilliant Self.
What you'll be doing
You will be working at the heart of the business, as part of our Customer and Commercial Divisions, providing subject matter expertise on conduct and operational risk management, working collaboratively to identify risks and solve problems and driving change.
You will own, develop and embed conduct and operational risk management policies and frameworks, ensuring they deliver fair customer outcomes and regulatory compliance. Equally importantly, you will be ensuring that these policies and frameworks support the delivery of commercial objectives.
This role provides a great opportunity to influence the business and work with a wide range of stakeholders. You will provide strategic and forward thinking business partnering risk management expertise to ensure our divisions are supported in delivering their risk management responsibilities.
You'll be building and maintaining a network of key external and internal relationships which create real value, supporting the delivery of commercial and customer priorities.
You'll be influencing at a senior level, monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of risk appetite management, and ensuring appropriate control and escalation of all risk matters.
You'll also be supporting your colleagues, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of others, providing constructive challenge and being part of a dynamic and high performing team.
The Knowledge & Skills you'll have
- Several years conduct risk expertise with some understanding of how financial services organisations operate and the associated regulatory environment.
- A constant curiosity to look for ways to continually improve our processes, policies and frameworks.
- Ability to convert strategic priorities and goals into operational plans.
- Working with autonomy with the ability to make operational decisions.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, compliance, corporate governance, quality assurance and risk management.
- Understanding of related functions and/or services outside of the role's direct remit.
- Effective Leadership skills.
- Experience of managing internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication, engagement and influencing skills.
- Ability to identify, nurture and realise the potential in others.
- Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise.
Not only do we provide the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to our business, we want to recognise and reward that contribution. We do this through an excellent benefits package that offers real reward:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Money Purchase Pension scheme to which we contribute
- Private Medical Insurance
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Bonus scheme
- Staff Mortgage facility and Staff Savings Account
No matter where you join us, you can be sure of professional, fun and supportive people to work with. We believe this is at the centre of what makes Yorkshire Building Society such a great place to be.
Our vision is to be the most trusted provider of Financial Services in the UK. We strive to achieve this by delivering financial security and long-term value to our members along with exceptional service.