Credit Administrator - Property Finance and SME Banking - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Your role will be responsible for the execution of standard policy & process, compliance with the bank's internal policy & procedures as well as applicable external rules and regulations.
Verify documentation, limits, collateral monitoring & escalation in accordance with Bank policy.
Responsibility for a timely follow up process in respect credit related matters which are outstanding.
Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Check credit facility and security/collateral documentation of new accounts and for annual renewal of commercial property loans.
- Monitor and follow up documentation deficiency to resolve any outstanding issues, and to ensure that the Bank's lending is protected.
- Receive Credit Committee minutes of the meeting check and assign cases to Conveyancing/Legal or Credit Admin team for action.
- Liaise with Branch/Relationship Managers, Operations, Credit Approval, Remedial Management relating to annual review process and remedial.
- Set approved limits, interest rates, and send notification to clients.
- Liaise with solicitors in regard to the issuance of consent to lease.
- Extract report and ensure that building insurance are obtained and fed into the system.
- Check and sign vouchers i.e. settlement, interest &/or principal payment.
- Collect and maintain record of commitment and renewal fees.
- Prepare and issuance of redemption statement.
- Handle settlement of borrowing accounts.
- Prepare and send payment instruction to Operations.
- Prepare and issue DS1 form to release charge over the properties.
- Suggest/execute more efficient procedure in completing tasks in the department.
Candidate Experience and Education
- Credit Administration & process experience with Property Finance & SME banking product knowledge.
- Experience of process and technology solutions for risk mitigation & control.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets & database tools.
- Strong understanding of credit documentation, security perfection, valuation, collateral management by way of work experience and relevant laws and regulations.