Credit Analyst - Bilateral Credit - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
City based International Bank are looking to recruit a Credit Analyst to join their expanding Bilateral Credit Department. The main objective of this position, will be to contain the bank's exposure to bad debt by analysing the creditworthiness of prospective new and existing customers through adherence to monitoring and control systems, policies and procedures as stipulated by the bank.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Responsible to scout for new business proposals by liaising with Banks/FIs and meeting potential clients looking for business opportunities
- Responsible for the preparation of Credit proposals for presentation to various Credit Committees including preparation and approval of Credit Monitoring Arrangements (CMA) and Credit Risk Assessments (CRA).
- Responsible for Financial/Credit analysis for bilateral credit transactions, analysis of companies' balance sheets, and discussing types and adequacy of securities to be provided for facilities.
- Is required to maintain constant contact with credit administration team regarding the operation of individual accounts.
- Is required to identify SMA and prepare periodic reports of SMA and stressed accounts.
- Is responsible for restructuring/rescheduling and write-off of accounts in case of need.
- Responsible for pertinent documentation until execution stage, arranging for signing of documents, and periodic review and renewal of facilities.
- Is responsible for providing clients with information and data required for the structuring of deposit and property secured facilities.
- Responsible for the preparation of all pertinent documents and correspondence regarding the approval of facilities.
- Is required to provide due dates of term loans instalments to the Credit Administration department.
- Is required to attend to Inspection and Audit reports and to interact with statutory auditors.
- Is expected to handle all routine matters in the department in the absence of other personnel.