Credit Analyst - Prestigious International Bank - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
My client are a prestigious international Bank based in the City. They are looking for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to join their dynamic team. You will be expected to manage and assess credit applications of the bank's counterparties.
High quality and rigorous credit and financial analysis of counterparties in corporate, supporting both the business development team and the London credit committee for:
- New transactions
- Annual and periodic reviews
- Monitoring portfolio performance
- Assisting with the management of watchlist and impaired credits
The duties of the role include:
- Timely, accurate and rigorous written analysis of corporate, and commercial real estate applications in support of new transactions. Corporate clients range from medium sized unlisted corporates to large listed and rated corporates; from diverse sectors such as contracting, oil & gas, manufacturing, hotels etc.
- Recommendation of country limits, corporate and Banks limits and exposures.
- Other credit related tasks and research that may be assigned from time to time by the Credit Risk Manager.
- Must be able to present at Credit Committee meetings
Good university degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent)
- Masters, Professional accountancy certification or CFA qualifications are preferred.
- Minimum 5 years credit analysis experience, primarily with with various banking products and industry sectors, encompassing good knowledge of corporate credit and secondarily.
- Ability to adapt to working in a multi-cultural environment
- Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy and eye for market research and following industry trends pertaining to bank's portfolio.
- High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team.
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure demands. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary to support the team.
- Accuracy and high level of numeracy in relation to financial analysis. Highly skilled at spreadsheets; ideally with some financial modeling experience.