Credit Analyst Assistant Manager in Commercial Lending - Prestigious B - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
The role is responsible for assisting the Head of Credit Approval in ensuring credit quality at the approval stage, monitoring the ongoing credit dynamics of the credit portfolio at a macro and micro level post sanction and the compliance of credit risk with Group policy and local regulatory guidelines. Key accountabilities include analysing financial information, ensuring credit quality at the approval stage, reviewing the ongoing credit dynamics of the credit portfolio post sanction and the compliance of credit risk with Group policy and local regulatory guidelines.
- Objectively assess credit proposals, identifying key risk issues and researching a reasoned conclusion.
- Meet KPIs related to review of proposals, reporting and other performance standards.
- Revert to the RM with queries on the credit application within specified turnaround time
- Ensure all major queries are sorted out prior to the case being submitted to the Head of Credit Approval.
- Liaise with the Branches to recommend structural enhancements with regard to credit risk proposals.
- Highlighting any shortfall or dilution in collateral value to the credit process chain.
- Documentation of proposal related information to be in conformity with requirements as set out internally
- Articulate key credit issues at credit committees, disseminate key risk issues and relevant recommendations for risk mitigation through 'ratingrationales'
- Maintain physical and electronic documentation of all proposal related information
- Review of existing client exposures, active monitoring of large exposures and exposures to specific products
- Review frameworks for assessment of different types of lending transactions.
- Support Unit Head in in reviewing credit policies and procedures and updating them in line with Group requirements, industry trends, regulatory requirements, and improved risk management & risk mitigation.
- Preparation of various reports for CCC, ACC, HO, as well as Board approvals and annual reviews.
- Attend all credit committees conducted in the country and act as a secretary to these meetings.
- Keep abreast of key news items pertaining to clients especially large and critical clients
- Monitoring and performance review of existing portfolio.
- At least 2/3 years of corporate risk management experience with direct exposure to decision making and sanctioning procedures.
- Sound understanding of the UK market for SME lending & Trade Finance.
- High level of understanding of financial statements
- Sound understanding of Risks and Mitigants for On-Balance sheet and Off-Balance Sheet credit facilities.
- Understanding of BASEL and PRA & FCA Risk Guidelines, Calculations and Policy Adherence
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, spread-sheets, database tools
- Knowledge of Emerging Markets SMEs, Business models, market trends and industry trends is preferred.