Credit Controller - Invoice Finance - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M3
We are currently recruiting for the following exciting role to join our client who are one of the largest and most successful providers of Invoice Finance in the UK. You will be based out of their Salford Quays office and part of a large team reporting into the Client Services Manager.
This role offers huge potential for progression within the company and as the first step of a long-term career in Invoice Finance for the right candidate.
Purpose of the role:
• To ensure the security and profitability of our client's business through efficient and effective credit control of a portfolio of clients
• To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with their allocated portfolio of clients
• To provide excellent standards of customer service internally and externally
• To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company
• Identifying and generating new business opportunities for the sales team to convert
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Ensures security & profitability of a portfolio of Clients through efficient and effective Credit Control.
• Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security.
• Proactively seeks to understand their clients to allow them to spot both warning signs and opportunities.
• Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training
• Communication skills - Maintain high level professional conduct with internal and external customers via face to face, the phone, email and in written communication
• Relationship building- establishes rapport - Establishes and maintains a professional + 'expert' relationship with clients through efficient credit control. Understands and is interested in client's business
• Provides excellent customer service - Manages credit control of client portfolio whilst providing a high level of customer service + protecting the company's security
• Listen and interpret information - Good listening skills, understands how and when to action information, to the appropriate person
• Understand needs - Sees things from clients point of view; identifies clients needs and has a sympathetic approach whilst protecting the company's security
• Attention to detail
• Decision-making - Sets credit limits within guidelines, makes recommendations/ propose decisions, back up decisions to line manager.
• Develop solutions, problem solve and agree things with people - Monitors collection performance. Recommends appropriate solutions • Ability to say 'no'
• Takes initiative - Uses appropriate chasing techniques. Seeks to recommend alternative collection techniques. Takes responsibility for actions, Manages time and prioritizes work and plans ahead
• Use, develop and sell the company's products and processes
• Manages risk - Knowledge of clients business. Awareness of money laundering + data protection legislation. Monitors risk and possible fraud • Numerate - Demonstrates an ability to work with numbers
• Financial understanding - General understanding of financial management/ audited accounts, manages risk
• IT skills - Intermediate PC knowledge. Good keyboard skills and competent user of Microsoft Office
Requirements of the role:
• Experience - Credit Control experience, office environment, customer service experience
• Skills - Good communication, excellent customer service, attention to detail, IT.
• Qualifications - N/A
Desirable for the role:
• Experience - Credit Control experience in a financial service environment
• Skills - Managing risk, sales.
• Qualifications - Basic IT, customer service/ administration NVQ.
Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!