Credit Documentation Officer - Real Estate & Trade - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Your role will be to support the banks documentation of a range of lending products which includes commercial mortgages and working capital / trade finance facilities. Your role will see you with management of the process following credit approval through to completion and ensuring collateral is correctly executed (together with post-completion follow ups)
- Responsible for executing facility documentation in line with the bank's standard operating policy & procedures as well as applicable external rules and regulations.
- Responsibility for the timely issuance of credit facility documentation
- Oversee queries raised by the bank's solicitors and valuers, resolving problems and/or referring them to the Head of Credit Administration or, where relevant, the Chief Risk Officer/Head of Business Development for approval in terms of the bank's delegated authorities.
- Liaison with Branch & Relationship Managers, Operations, Credit Approval and Remedial Management as appropriate.
- Review and assess reports produced by the bank's solicitors and valuers, identifying key risks, recommending possible mitigants.
- Instructing solicitors and valuers to ensure collateral and credit structure is executed as per each credit approval.
Candidate Experience and Education
- Credit Administration & process experience with Property Finance & SME banking product knowledge.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong understanding of credit documentation, security perfection, valuation, collateral management by way of work experience and relevant laws and regulations.