Credit Manager - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Credit Manager within a leading independent provider of commercial finance, during an exciting period of growth.
The commercial credit manager: -
- Underwrites 'floorplan lending' transactions by analysing customer financial performance, both historical and future and identifying relevant business, market and commercial risks faced by the customer. The focus will be assessing credit applications for 'pay as sold' credit facilities.
- Reviews financial statements, credit agency reports and other information to form of view about the credit worthiness of the customer.
- Prepares risk assessments (credit write ups) and using the results of this analysis, makes recommendation to grant or decline credit.
- Performs other duties including customer due diligence, scheduling and reviewing collateral audits, managing documentation for commercial transactions.
- Supervises, trains and develops credit analysts and credit administrators
- Exercises credit discretion up to delegated authority and monitoring the credit quality of loan portfolio
- Negotiate terms and conditions for transactions and work with business development managers to ensure appropriate documentation is in place.
- Manage existing commercial exposures, performing analysis of transactions, and resolving problem accounts in conjunction with client managers, business development managers and senior risk management.
- Prepare risk assessments (credit write-ups) and present to senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate risks.
- Interface with customers to obtain needed information, resolve credit related issues and minimise potential losses.
- Monitor exposures (along with the client managers) to ensure on-going compliance with credit agreements.
- Other projects and assignments as requested including portfolio analysis, asset valuations and portfolio reporting
The risk management team is accountable for execution of all risk programmes (Credit, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes following and adhering to applicable policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the risk appetite.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- 5-7 years in commercial lending experience to small & medium sized businesses with experience in one of the following areas: inventory financing, dealer stocking, leasing, asset finance, trade finance or invoice discounting
- Experience in cash flow analysis, collateral analysis, and financial analysis
- Analytical skills: ability to analyse unstructured/complex problems using quantitative analysis
- Cross-functional teamwork: ability to pull together teams comprised of individuals from multiple functional backgrounds to achieve results
- Ability to make and deliver presentations to executives and external clients
- Must have previously held credit discretion for commercial counterparties