Credit Manager - London, United Kingdom,
International Bank based in the West End are looking to recruit a Credit Manager to join their expanding Credit Department and London office. The Credit Department is responsible for all credit matters affecting the bank. This includes the processing of credit applications sourced by the Relationship Managers (RMs), the monitoring and administration of credit facilities (including preparation of annual reviews and month/quarter end reports), and liaison with the Private Banking, Credit Administration and Group Credit Departments overseas.
Currently the majority of the bank's credit facilities comprise of Residential and Commercial Real Estate Loans and loans secured on marketable securities.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Increase the lending book by processing applications originated by the Private Banking team.
- Assist the Relationship Managers to develop and retain client relationships while contributing actively to the business development and financial goals of the branch.
- Assist the Head of Credit with credit responsibilities including reviewing Excess Reports, preparing Facility Applications, credit reviews, negotiation of credit terms, monitoring covenants and ensure that covenants are met within the stipulated time scale.
- Assessing credit applications in accordance with PB credit policy.
- Deputise for and support other team members by attending to clients' needs in their absence whilst adhering at all times to the FSA competencies requirements.
- Remain informed about market trends, customer preferences and new products. Contribute to product development.
- Deputise for Credit Director in his/her absence.
- Prepare London Credit Committee Agenda, Branch risk committee minutes, reports for GCD calls and PB Credit forum meetings.
- Safeguard the reputation of the bank by employing best practice and acting in a professional manner at all times. Ensure that a high level of confidentiality is maintained at all times.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Has worked in a credit role within a private banking environment with responsibility for credit risk assessment.
- Possesses market intelligence and sound knowledge of competitor products.
- Is conversant with the full range of Private Banking services, including trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services.
- Deals effectively with clients and professional advisers.
- Has extensive knowledge of the UK property lending market and the ability to develop the London branch real estate lending program
- Has extensive knowledge of Lombard lending.
- Is able to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise work
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to thrive whilst working under pressure.
- Accurate organized individual, flexible and happy to work as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.