Credit Risk Oversight - Assistant Manager - City, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, EH1
Risk plays a key role in keeping the bank safe. The department covers everything from fraud to underwriting, making sure that the banking operation stays secure.
We also oversee the way in which the bank manages its risks; providing expert advice and guidance to ensure compliance and that the investment of our customers' money is secure.
This position is key to ensuring that all risk factors are covered today and planned for the future.
The Credit Risk Oversight team plays an important part in all lines of Defence. The team provides independent opinion on key internal Credit Risk deliverables and initiatives.
Your role as an Assistant Manager in the Credit Risk Oversight Team is to support the delivery standards, frameworks and oversight of Credit Risk across the credit lifecycle.
You will be using your skills in the area of credit risk, planning reviews and validation oversight activities for the retail credit portfolios.
Your review activity will range across all credit risk teams (e.g. Collections & Recoveries, Underwriting, Portfolio Management) and all portfolios (e.g. mortgages, personal loans, business banking). This role will suit someone looking to broaden their understanding of Credit Risk.
You will also work with Senior Managers providing analysis and research to support their close and continuous opinions of the retail portfolios.
You'll have the following skills and experience:
- Organisational skills to plan and co-ordinate review activities over both short and long term.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use technical and statistic tools (SAS, SQL, VBA / Excel).
- Experience in a Credit Risk team (e.g. Collections & Recoveries, Underwriting, Portfolio Management).
- Ability to understand complex issues, and communicate them with clarity.
- Commercial awareness, with an ability to apply perspective and use diverse views and information to reach optimal solutions.
- Knowledge of credit risk related regulation and relevant accounting standards, and their impact in the banking industry would be a distinct advantage.
Our client knows it takes more than just skills and experience. So, they are looking for somebody with a little more than just the norm. Can you………
- Demonstrate ethical values and behaviours whilst carrying out all aspects of the role
- Embrace diversity and create an open and participative environment with effective teamwork, leadership, and communication whilst remaining at all times focused on the goals required
- Support and contribute to the development of a high-performance team through proactive self -development and coaching of others around you
- Develop strong working relationships with other teams and individuals whilst offering insight in to the project aims and compliance risk simultaneously
- Establish strong relationships with stakeholders across the business, seeing through the implementation of initiatives, driving projects forward and overcoming resistance and obstacles when encountered.
If you recognise yourself in the brief given and the role is what you are looking for in your next career move, then please apply immediately. Our client is a leading force in the banking sector and is looking for people who not only want the role on offer today, but can see their future blossoming in a team where contribution to the business, coupled with ethical practices in a diverse environment is part of their own ethos.