Credit Risk Portfolio / Analytics Lead - City, Glasgow, United Kingdom, G1
Job Title: Credit Risk Portfolio/ Analytics Lead
Business Unit: Retail Risk
Salary: Up to £53k DOE PLUS 38 days holiday per annum
There's a lot going on at the moment here at CYBG so it's a really exciting time to join us. We've a number of opportunities for talented Analytics Leads within the Retail Risk team to work in the revitalised and vibrant Arena Quarter of Leeds City Centre.
Our Retail Risk team do an awesome job managing, overseeing and monitoring the retail risk profile of the Bank. They do this through the development and maintenance of appropriate credit policies and making recommendations on retail risk appetite.
Roles are available across:
- Financial Modelling
It really is a fantastic opportunity for career progression, offering the successful candidates excellent opportunities to broaden out, build knowledge, and experience exposure to senior management at an exciting time for the organisation as two Brands are brought together to create a true national competitor.
Day to day you will:
Depending on the role offered, responsibilities day to day may change slightly, however as a Lead Analyst you will be expected to:
- Lead key analytical projects using SAS and Microsoft Office products to provide insight into and solutions to portfolio or business changes.
- In addition to conducting analysis personally, you will also be expected to help train junior members of staff in statistical and analytical techniques, often working with them and leading them on key projects.
- Lead key discussions and present analytical findings and solutions to a range of stakeholders.
- Produce strong documentation, ensuring that complex outcomes are explained in suitable way so that a range of stakeholders will understand.
- Ensure that the work done ensures that the bank grows in line with risk appetite and within regulatory guidelines.
You'll bring with you:
- Previous practical experience in credit risk management, ideally in an IRB environment
- Expertise in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS) as well as MS Office
- A numerate degree or equivalent technical experience
- An engaging manner with the ability to listen, understand and respond professionally
- Insatiable curiosity as you search for the best ideas and solutions
- A beady eye with the ability to keep the complex simple and provide insightful analysis
- Sound decision making and critical thinking
- Experience presenting to and influencing key stakeholders at all levels
- A desire to coach / mentor colleagues encouraging and sharing learnings
- Knowledge of the Basel III Capital Requirements Regulation is desirable
Sound like you? Apply now!
We'll look after you with…
U Benefits is our rewards package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices that are right for you.
- 30 days holidays, PLUS 8 public holidays and you can buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It's written in to our values. As part of our inclusion strategy we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.