Credit Risk Quant Reporting - Investment Banking - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Credit Risk Quant Reporting - Investment Banking - 6 to 9 Month Contract - up to £650 per day
A leading global Financial Services company in London are searching for a Credit Risk Quant Reporting Expert to join them for a 6 to 9 month contract role, details as follows:
Purpose of the role:
- Develop, manage and refine qualitative and quantitative risk reporting (MI) which meets the needs of the Board, in order to support effective decision making.
- Produce analytics to monitor and provide meaningful and useful insights on different segments of portfolio focusing on concentration risk and risk-reward aspects.
- Provide a wide range of Data Management support to meet the Credit Risk teams' objectives and investigate new techniques, data sources and technologies to enhance the existing reporting suites.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Portfolio Reporting and Analysis across the banking and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
- Develop and maintain reporting suites along with completing sophisticated analysis to deliver high quality insights into the portfolio.
- Develop ideas for continuous enhancement of the Bank's portfolio analysis toolkit.
- Undertake production of regular monitoring reports (such as country, sector, early warning).
- Effectively monitor EMEA portfolio, focusing on concentration issues (country/industry/rating/individual) and risk-return (ROA / RORA) trends.
- Liaise with appropriate business, credit and risk functions for the purpose of understanding and analysing the bank's exposure in specific regions, asset classes and/or business activities.
- Undertake and spearhead various types of business process enhancement to optimise business processes and ensure smooth functioning of business processes and assist Risk IT to resolve the operational issues.
- Identify sources of credit risk data that are currently not available in our risk systems and design new business processes to capture the required data. Work with Risk IT to capture, maintain and make the new information available in downstream Risk reporting systems.
- Support another team member on Data management activities for maintaining Credit Risk data in the Risk System.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues within Risk systems and if needed interact with other departments to resolve the DQ issues at the source.
- Provide assistance in conducting Data clean-up and recon exercises as required.
To be effective in the role, you will have career experience in the following:
- Good understanding of financial products and career experience within the banking sector
- Good knowledge of Credit Risk Management and various Credit Risk measurement techniques
- A basic knowledge of Regulatory (Basel) capital framework
- A basic knowledge of Counterparty Credit risk for Derivatives
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ability to handle, analyse and interpret a wide variety of large datasets
- Working knowledge of MS office products (esp. MS PowerPoint, MS Access) and OLAP
- Good communication skills - Ability to present and communicate Portfolio Trends and analysis in a clear and concise manner.
In addition, it would be beneficial if you also have:
- A strong understanding of risk management within banking, including within the credit and portfolio management area.
- A strong knowledge of different asset classes
- A basic knowledge of Economic Capital Framework/ Moody's Risk Frontier / EDF
- Degree in a numeric discipline e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Business, Statistics
Interested? Apply now