Credit System Analyst - Bradford, Yorkshire, United Kingdom, BD1
Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
About the Role
In this role you will be part of the team responsible for supporting, implementing and maintaining the credit decision systems.
The role will include credit strategy implementation, risk controls and compliance. You will be required to support the maintenance and development of decisioning tools that allow the business to align the risk appetite framework for all portfolios and integration of risk policies relevant to regulatory and statutory requirements. You will also be supporting the safety and soundness of all customer lifecycle decisions, balancing risk and rewards to drive profitable growth while ensuring customers are responsibly managed.
- Implementation of new Decisioning Strategies (policies, scorecards, etc) in the Decisioning systems.
- Identifying full impact on the Decisioning process of any changes to Decisioning systems across all portfolios.
- Supporting the full testing and development lifecycle of a strategy change.
- Supporting the full documentation of testing and development of changes to the Credit Strategies.
- Support team members with workstack and prioritisation activities to help achieve business goals.
- Identifying and logging business/ operational risks with decisioning systems and processes.
We would like you to have skills and experience in some of the following:
- Technical problem solving i.e. the ability to look at issues and requirements from a business perspective and then translate this into a solution.
- Ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise their workload.
- Programming and analytical skills: "computational thinking".
- Experience with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Ability to influence stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with rigorous attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Familiar MS Office package.
- A technical background and/or aptitude.
- Agile experience, sprints and working off a backlog.
- Experience working with Credit Bureau data, and knowledge of its use within an Originations setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure or other Cloud based skills.
- Strong programming and scripting ability with the following technologies and languages (SQL, Jasper and XML).
- Data management and optimisation expertise (using languages such as SAS, Python, SQL, or R).
- Degree-Level (RQF Level 6 or above) education in a computing / analytical / statistical / mathematical discipline, equivalent education or relevant experience.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have partnered with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.