DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (PRIVATE BANKING) - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
An exceptional opportunity has arisen within a private bank in Central London for a Data Protection Officer with direct and hands-on experience in dealing with data protection and privacy gained within a Banking / Financial Services environment. This is a position with group-wide responsibilities that reports to the CCO / Group DPO.
The successful applicant will act as Data Privacy SME and will be responsible for providing guidance and advising staff on data protection responsibilities, regulatory requirements and relevant privacy laws. Duties to include:
- Responding to subject access requests
- Liaising with relevant authorities and reporting where required, managing breach notifications and resolving data breaches
- Ensuring the Bank's compliance policies meet regulatory stipulations and are implemented and adhered to throughout the Bank, this may be through providing training, disseminating information etc.
- Manage inventory of processing activities, making sure that the business maintain comprehensive records
- Review DPIA's and vendor due diligence and monitoring performance as well as providing advice
In addition to the above candidates must be skilled in identifying and managing breaches, escalating where necessary and demonstrate an excellent understanding of the applicable data protection regulations (including the GDPR) covering UK and The Channel Islands.
This vacancy is being advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited. The services advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited are those of an Employment Agency.