Data Analyst - PE Backed Investment Firm - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
As a result of a period of unrivalled growth, our client, an entrepreneurial Private Equity backed Investment firm requires a high calibre Analyst to take ownership of enhancing the use of external data within the business. The role has a core analytical element with regards to the analysis of external data sources.
Reporting into the Analytics Director and CEO, key responsibilities will broadly cover:
- Conducting data analysis on external data provisions (including Credit Reference Agency data) and propose value additive solutions for utilising the data
- Working with key business units to ensure strategic uses of external data are fully automated
- Finding and testing new data sources to enhance the understanding of the customer base and boost the analytical power of operational and predictive models
- Using insight analysis, finding and proposing new variables for internal analytical use
- Utilising a range of cutting edge tools including Python, R, Power BI, SQL, Databricks and Microsoft Azure
A point of future development will be to use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques to enhance their use and deployment of third party data sets.
Applicants must be educated to degree level (ideally in a quantitative field e.g. Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Economics) and possess coding experience (Any of the above) as data analytics is a very important tool within the role. You will be analytically sound, possess an ability to assimilate new concepts quickly and have a proven track record of innovative creative thinking to solve business problems. It goes without saying that you will be credible and be able to hold high level conversations both internally and externally. The role will provide a fantastic platform to pursue a number of avenues including pure Data Science, pure Insight and Commercial/Strategy roles.
This represents an unrivalled opportunity in a very exciting environment in which the right individual can really make their mark and shape key strategic decisions.