Data Integration Business Analyst - Finance/Banking/Tech/IT - London, United Kingdom,
Data Integration Business Analyst
This role is an exciting opportunity to work with a wide variety of business teams to help deliver a new front to back enterprise investment management solution and integrate it with numerous other business critical downstream systems. This project is part of a large programme of work that is aligned to the business re-structuring strategy.
In this business facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need to work well in a team, but also be self-sufficient. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Actively participate in the delivery life-cycle including Agile ceremonies and develop documentation such as system user guides and business process & procedures
- Responsible for the business analysis function within the project, working collaboratively with the other assigned BAs to deliver the required functionality.
Job Specific Competencies
- Excellent Asset Management business knowledge from front to back, including client and portfolio set-up
- Exceptional knowledge for Asset Management business process, workflows and business process re-engineering
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of Asset Management data structures, including client, portfolios, benchmarks and indices
- Familiarity of a wide variety of asset classes including OTC derivatives
- Hands-on experience of analysing current systems and document the business data model, data flows and relationships of data in different system and translating them into detail specifications
- An understanding of data sourcing, data management and governance
- Hands on project delivery experience within a number of data related initiatives. This should include experience of data design, data mapping, data manipulation, data quality assessment and data migration among database systems for client conversion of legacy data
- Experience within data engineering and data related projects
People (team-working/collaboration skills)
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely with a wide variety of teams, both technical and business
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to enable you to manage expectations. You will need to have the capability to manage both positive and negative feedback
- Discover, understand and define stakeholder and product owner needs via workshops, meetings and interviews. Playback the requirements using a variety of approaches including user stories and business process flows.
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Willing to engage with senior management and challenge the status-quo and offer alternatives
- Self-directed, adaptable, flexible and professional
N.B. This particular client requires that, if you are not a British Citizen, you must hold an EU Passport, Tier 1 Visa / HSMP, Dependency Visa, or Ancestry Visa for this particular vacancy or have Permanent Residency status in the UK - please specify in your response which of these you have.
Only suitable candidates need apply. If you have not received a response within a 48 hour period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.