Data Quality Analyst - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
As a result of a period of unrivalled growth, our client, an entrepreneurial Private Equity backed Investment firm requires an individual to govern and improve the quality of data entering the business and in time, take on responsibilities akin to that of a technical BA.
Reporting into the Analytics Director, key responsibilities in the first 6-12 months will include:
- Reconciling data at point of sale, working with creditors to understand the reasons for data quality issues, and ultimately rectify.
- On-going management of key data items within the business, solving for issues and identifying systemic problems.
- Building management reporting to provide senior management with confidence in data governance within the company
- Managing relationships with 3rd parties to assist with data transfer protocols
- Generating revenue for the business by ensuring that incorrectly acquired accounts are returned to the seller for an appropriate rebate as per contractual rules
Beyond this you would expect to increasingly take on responsibilities akin to that of a traditional Technical BA (as well as maintaining the above) i.e collating, understanding and defining business requirements for projects, portfolios and change requests (then changing these into requirements definitions), managing and resolving conflicts between requirements, developing business cases for IT applications development and defining solutions that are appropriate problems you have encountered within data.
Applicants must possess SQL coding experience (knowledge of T-SQL), attention to detail and be able to assimilate new concepts quickly. You will be a natural problem solver as well as possess a natural ability to interface with clients and suppliers externally as well as senior internal stakeholders.
This represents a role in which the right individual can make their mark quickly - as an analytically focused business, data quality is at the heart of delivering positive performance. The successful role holder will become an integral member of the data and analytics team. This role will provide the candidate with a clear route to a Technical BA position.