Deputy Head of Compliance - Reading, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, RG1
Deputy Head of Compliance Job - Financial Services - Reading / Berkshire - Up to £85k Salary
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading specialist Financial Services provider as their Deputy Head of Compliance within the Reading and Berkshire area.
Your new role
Will primarily be supporting the current Head of Compliance in delivering regulatory advice and guidance business wide. Whilst also working towards succession planning with a view to taking a promotion to the Head of Compliance role within 2-5 years.
The role will include:
* Providing FCA compliance guidance for two regulated companies, one of which is a SIPP operator
* Ensuring policies, processes, systems and controls in place to comply with FCA requirements
* Training, educating and promulgating compliance policies and processes to affected staff
* Supporting FCA regulatory reporting * Regulatory compliance reviews
* Supporting activities in relation to AML controls for all Group companies including in relation to pension scams * Ensuring processes, systems, controls and training in place to comply with ML Regulations and Sanctions requirements
* Supporting the Data Protection Manager with regard to data protection issues
What you'll need to succeed
Experience at a senior level in the Compliance team of an FCA-regulated business with understanding of:
* Communicating with all levels of staff in relation to regulatory issues.
* FCA regulatory returns and reporting, including PSDR, RMAR and Connect.
* FCA consultation and rule changes.
* Writing and integrating Compliance policies and procedures using plain English.
* Providing formal sign off for financial promotions.
* Knowledge of SIPPs and SSASs in general and detailed knowledge of FCA SIPP operator requirements would be useful.
* Knowledge of AML requirements as they apply to pensions business, including KYC, Sanctions checking and prevention of financial crime.
What you'll get in return
A competitive Salary of up to £85,000 based on experience, plus a range of company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.