Derivatives Analyst - Officer/Junior Finance/Banking - Chester, Cheshire, United Kingdom, CH1
Junior Derivatives Analyst - Officer
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Want to join a dynamic, high-energy team? The OTC Margin team is looking to recruit a talented individual to join our team in Chester.
We are looking for an individual to join our Collateral Operations Department.
You will be providing regional coverage for this global OTC Bilateral Margining function.
Our team provide collateral and margin management support for clients covering OTC Bilateral Derivatives.
You will be expected to perform various margin functions for cash and security collateral by processing margin calls to customers by stated deadlines and monitor their settlement.
You will liaise with clients on a daily basis via email and telephone calls ensuring the timely settlement of margin calls and resolving of client queries. In addition to providing excellent client service and meeting regulatory deadlines, you are also responsible for resolving breaks and exceptions by liaising with clients and internal business partners identified by various reconciliations.
If you are successful, you will receive the training and support you would expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in Chester. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and career development opportunities.
As an OTC Margin Analyst, what will your responsibilities involve?
- Daily collateral and margin management for clients on a timely manner according to ISDA CSA rules
- Liaise with clients and internal business partners, which include On Boarding, Finance, Funding, Credit, Risk, Legal and Technology teams to resolve margin call issues
- Break research and resolution across multiple reconciliation platforms
- Be able to set up and attend client calls
- Booking and settling of cash and securities as collateral with clients in an accurate and timely manner
- To escalate issues in a timely and effective manner
- Effective client email and query management
- Process and respond to collateral audit requests in a timely manner
As an OTC Margin Analyst, what skills/competencies will you ideally possess?
- Strong and effective communication at all levels
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- High attention to detail
- An independent and proactive team player with the ability to deal with multiple demands under pressure
- Excellent client service and relationship building skills
- Excel and email management skills
- Client facing experience or the ability to conduct discussions with clients in a confident manner is preferred
- Competence in the Microsoft Office Product Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.