Digital Risk & Control Manager - Associate/Vice President - London, United Kingdom,
The company is a leading financial services provider.
- Working within the Controls Team and reporting to the Head of Controls, you will take the lead for supporting several agile delivery teams on designing controls; measuring control effectiveness and residual risk; and providing control implementation support and control validation. You will be able to develop creative and innovative solutions to manage risk and improve the customer experience.
- Be comfortable with standard agile methods (SCRUM, Kanban) for delivering new products and services.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues across the firm including: business, technology, product management, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, and technology control functions to drive consistent and rigorous operational risk practices and Control programs.
- Support the Head of Controls in developing automated data-driven governance and reporting into the various control and risk governance processes.
- Ideally will have a background in retail banking or consumer products, clear interest in innovation and technology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, ideally in a science, computing, engineering or mathematics based subject
- Experience in a product management, business analysis, developer, technical product management or other role requiring creative problem solving.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Solid critical thinking and analysis in technical scenarios, attention to detail and able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to think about a problem from first principles, taking innovative approaches to address user needs.
- Able to work effectively in agile environments, delivering value whilst dealing with high degrees of uncertainty and continuous change.
- Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Networking -interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration, openness and relationship building skills
- Able to work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Process analysis / design acumen - ability to understand a process and associated risk to inform control design