Director, Sovereign Risk Economist - London, United Kingdom,
Your New Company
An interesting and unique opportunity to join a top performing provider of financial information services, offering the chance to become a vital part of the Economics team in delivering key macro analytics and research.
Your new role
You will act as a key member of the Economics team, reporting to the Chief Economist and be assigned to conduct regular thematic global-macro analysis, including creating the quarterly Global Economic Outlook for many worldwide economies. You would also be assigned to relay the Team's findings to the Chief Economist, ensuring you are developing and providing the most insightful research for the firm's global macro view.
A key component of the role will be to support the growth of macro analytics and input this to sovereigns and credit teams within the firm. You will also be responsible for producing regular scenario analysis using macro-econometric models to further build the firm's presence within financial markets and the media.
You will also be required to present the Economics teams' forecasts through various conferences with investors and thorough presentations to the leading board of the firm.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent communicative abilities
- Masters in an Economics/Economics related degree
- 7+ years' experience working within financial markets, with roles as a macro-economist in a research/policy-based environment
- In depth knowledge of macroeconomic policy and public bodies
- Experience writing reportsIdeally you will have
- Hands on experience using macro-econometric models for scenario analysis
- Knowledge of modelling techniques would be advantageous
- Experience working for a public body
What you need to know now
- If you are an analytical thinker with good interpersonal skills who is looking for your next role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
- If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Alternatively, I can offer £250 of vouchers for all successfully placed referrals.