EMEA Legal Counsel - London, United Kingdom,
Corporate Services - Legal / Risk Management London, United Kingdom
AlixPartners, LLP - Vice-President, EMEA Legal Counsel (French Qualified) 12-month FTC, London
Who are we?
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in bringing value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results. We work in small, highly qualified teams with specific industry and functional expertise, and we operate at pace, moving quickly from analysis to implementation. We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients until the job is done, and only measure our success in terms of the results we deliver.
In this crucial role, you will be part of a global team responsible for providing wide-ranging legal support throughout the business. You will support our consultants and leadership team with matters relating to client engagements and provide additional support to internal colleagues (including but not limited to those in HR and marketing) on matters of risk and legal compliance. Operating in a dynamic environment with significant exposure to senior stakeholders the role of Legal Counsel presents a challenging and exciting opportunity.
Apply legal knowledge to a broad range of commercial engagements
- Advise on issues of legal risk across a wide variety of cases including client case work, contractual agreements and recruitment
- Develop and lead on contingency plans to address areas of risk
- Maintain compliance with all relevant regulation across the business
- Support internal teams with issues relating to human resources and employment matters
- Handle litigation matters and other general practice issues
You will deliver high-impact, valuable results and work side-by-side with our senior leadership team. This is a great opportunity to face technical challenges in an interesting position, developing your knowledge and commercial acumen and supporting your growth as a well-rounded legal counsel.
You'll be supported by business leaders, mentors, coaches, and colleagues to ensure you are learning and developing.
Work Experience and Education Requirements
At AlixPartners, having people who know how to get things done in a diverse and dynamic world is vital to our shared success. Your success will be based on a number of factors in which you should have demonstrable experience - these include:
- Responding to business issues in a timely manner, working collaboratively, providing workable, pragmatic solutions
- Delivering well-reasoned legal advice under critical time pressure
- Developing excellent working relationships with senior stakeholders, peers and colleagues from all parts of the firm
In addition, the role requires the following qualifications:
- Qualification as a lawyer in France
- 2 - 5 years PQE (or equivalent)
- Fluency in French and English is needed and working proficiency in another European language would be advantageous, especially German or Italian.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefits program.
In today's fast-paced global market timing is everything. You want to protect, grow or transform your business. To meet these challenges, we offer clients small teams of highly qualified experts with profound sector and operational insight. Our clients include corporate boards and management, law firms, investment banks, investors and others who appreciate the candour, dedication and transformative expertise of our teams. We will ensure insight drives action at that exact moment that is critical for success. When it really matters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
You have been redirected to a AlixPartners job page