EMEA Operational Risk Coverage Officer, Asset Management - Vice Presid - London, United Kingdom,
The employer is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
- The EMEA Operational Risk Management Coverage team is responsible for working with business and infrastructure units to identify, analyse, assess and challenge operational risk associated with the processes and controls relevant to each area. Coverage Officers are responsible for driving the effectiveness and embeddedness of the Operational Risk Management Framework within the Firm's Business Units, Infrastructure Groups and Control Functions.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Enhance / build solid client relationships with key individuals relevant to designated coverage responsibilities;
- Develop in-depth understanding of the business and operational risks within designated coverage areas;
- Assist the divisions in highlighting their Key Operational Risks and management of risk levels against designated risk tolerance limits at a divisional and Firm level;
- Carry out deep dives into material operational risk events (internal and external) and analyses of thematic and emerging operational risks;
- Assist in the enhancement of the Operational Risk programme and embedding of the framework and standards
- Assist in reporting to Boards and Committees
- Strong asset management business knowledge, having worked directly in this business area or a supporting infrastructure unit;
- Risk Management and Compliance experience within First or Second lines of defence is required;
- Good understanding of banking regulation, especially relating to operational risk management, experience working for the FCA/PRA highly desirable;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations
- Ability to work in a team environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
- Master's degree or equivalent, ideally in Laws, Economics or similar.