Equity Derivatives Strat - Rapid Application Development (RAD) - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
Equity Derivatives Strat - Rapid Application Development (RAD)
My client is looking for a strategist for its Flow Equity Derivative Strat team. Desk strategists are key participants, together with traders and sales people, in the revenue-generating activities of our Sales & Trading Division. Desk strategists sit on the trading floor, and team with the traders to deliver innovative ideas using models to analyse risks and opportunities in trading books and markets.
You will be part of the front office team building infrastructure for market intelligence and monitoring of risk management book. While they are not GUI developers, the team does develop lots of GUI panels with embedded analytics. The added value of the strats is in the skills for fast development of robust application together with market knowledge to make them as relevant and effective as possible. They would welcome a candidate that has experience on the technical aspect and needs help developing his market knowledge. In other words, this is a great opportunity for a candidate who works in technology and wants more direct exposure to trading and quantitative methods.
- Provide tooling solution to increase efficiency on the desk.
- Help the trading desk building innovative tools for assessing risk in the trading books and spot opportunities
- Create tools to help sales & trading spot market opportunity in a systematic and efficient way.
Skills Required :
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented language applied to trading/risk applications (ideally Java).
Strong database knowledge (ideally KDB) required.
- Drive and desire to work in an intense team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal English.
- A degree in a quantitative subject such as Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering.