FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER - Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom, EH120
Interested in working for an organisation ranked as one of the UK's top-performing private companies in The Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 100?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative and creative thinking commercial Accountant to join our Edinburgh based Finance Business Partnering team. Our team's mission is to help our Retail Logistics operations grow by driving value, delivering world-class support, challenging the status quo and creating solutions for business needs and outcomes.
Our team create long-term partnerships with our internal operations team that are built on trust. We succeed by making others successful, providing a great stakeholder engagement, and we support each other along the way.
To continue achieving this goal, we need a commercial accountant with exceptional gravitas and refined management accounting skills. Your appointment will enable our team to continue reinforcing our relationships with our business through the provision of more meaningful data, analysis and long-term planning.
Your polished commercial skills will be vital in supporting our business development team to price new business opportunities and explore what is commercially possible. Often you will need to juggle several tasks to meet challenging deadlines, use problem-solving and judgement skills to initiate change, ensure key operational and commercial targets are delivered.
This is an exciting time in our evolution! So, if you are naturally inquisitive, highly analytical and love a challenge, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the continual development of management information systems and reporting with the aim of streamlining processes and being as efficient as possible
- Provide timely management information and analysis (including detailed modelling) for decision support purposes
- Assist with the production of budgeting/forecasting information and monthly management reporting
- Support and challenge the commercial and operations teams in pricing proposed customer solutions
- Provide ad hoc analysis and support to the commercial team
- Provide appropriate financial information and advice to enable the Retail Logistics teams to best manage project spends
WHAT YOU NEED
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, OR CIMA)
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to adapt to the changing requirements of business customers and stakeholders
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- The ability to convey complex financial information in a concise, non-technical manner
- Previous knowledge of the Logistics industry would be advantageous but not critical
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Plus 2 Fixed Days)
- Company Car Allowance (£4,320)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Life Cover
- Eye Care
- Onsite Canteen
- Onsite Gym
- Discounted Cinema Vouchers
- Free On-Site Parking
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It's critical we have diverse talent, views and thinking if we are to deliver exceptional client value.
We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate...... click apply for full job details