FUND ACCOUNTANT - PRESTIGIOUS ASSET MANAGER - London, United Kingdom,
The client is a respected firm currently managing over $1.2 billion of assets in alternative investment strategies. The company have a unique approach to their investment strategy by using a value orientated, controlled approach and currently operate in over 12 countries worldwide.
The London-based fund accountant will provide direct support to European loan strategy and will play an integral role alongside the senior management. Responsibilities will include:
- Perform and review closing processes for investment portfolios and funds on a monthly basis
- Review and oversee the daily cash and reconciliations process and assist support teams in resolving any inconsistencies
- Review and oversee the in-house fund accounting records using the company's operating system
- Help in corporate governance oversight for several entities
- Monitor investor capital activity and intercompany cashflows
- Review and prepare schedules for regulatory finding and assist in preparing regular financial statements
- Calculate management fees and prepare invoices for separately managed accounts.
- A bachelor's degree is required
- An accounting qualification such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA is preferred
- A minimum of three years' experience with exposure to accounting with/for and investment manager
- Experience in performing reconciliations and a good knowledge in the fundamentals of fund accounting
- Exposure to Fixed Income, debt, equities and currency hedging transactions
- Strong skills in MS Office