FX & Currency Risk Analyst (Associate Vice President) - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
This top tier US bank specialising in Investor Services is seeking an ambitious and talented individual to join its Currency Markets Team as an AVP in Currency and FX Risk. The bank has an unrivalled client base of hedge funds and asset managers, who use this team to facilitate hedging their currency risk often against their entire portfolios.
We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's financial well-being.
The Markets Risk group is seeking a Risk Analyst to provide/enhance risk oversight for the Currency Administration & FX Agency products. Through these products, the bank provides its Asset Management clients with an end to end currency hedging solution, enabling the investment manager clients to delegate the burden of hedging their products while allowing them to retain control and transparency. A robust risk management program is critical to achieving the group's strategic goals and managing projected growth.
This role will entail identifying, analysing, and reporting on risk metrics and trends, monitoring and reviewing new products & processes, leading targeted risk/control reviews, and preparing materials for executive-level oversight committees. The role may additionally entail involvement in risk initiatives related to the broader FX business, and the implementation of firm-wide policies as applicable to the Currency Administration and FX Agency products. To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter, strong communicator and possess a strong analytical background.
Risk Management and Communication:
- Develop methodologies and metrics for measuring/controlling operational and market risk
- Participate in resolution of day to day business risk challenges and ensure agreed actions are implemented, escalating to Risk head when appropriate
- Participate in Risk related discussions with clients and prospects
- Develop strong relationships with key personnel in order to meet risk objectives, understand the priorities and concerns of the business and encourage open communication
- Build / Maintain expert knowledge of Currency Administration product with a detailed understanding of all operational processes and hedging impact to fund performance
- Perform daily oversight required for the FX Agency product
- Produce and develop management reporting & metrics associated with FX Agency
Business Partnership & Support
- Perform daily analysis of key risk reports/metrics
- Participate as Risk representative in departmental initiatives including new product development, system initiatives etc. Drive resolution of risk-related concerns
- Act as a liaison with FX Services (operations) and FX Risk management
- Operate as primary contact for Compliance, internal & external auditors
- Perform ad hoc Compliance related tasks as needed which may include but are not limited to: data incident reviews, corrective action analysis, etc.
- Assist in preparing presentation materials for Senior Management
- Prepare materials for the committee charged with ensuring Best Execution standards are met
- Provide quality control for new client on-boarding (i.e. secondary control checks)
- Strong Operational Risk or Risk Control experience
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record
- Relevant professional designation such as CFA or progress, thereto an advantage
- Understanding of Foreign Exchange business and hedging strategies preferred
- Experience in Fund Accounting or Foreign Exchange an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to gather information on complex events and clearly articulate summary to senior stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
About the Team:
Currency Administration is a team within Foreign Exchange, a division of Capital Markets, providing hedging services to various investment fund structures. The team is located across the US, London and European offices. The team's client base is composed of clients who avail of other services such a Custody and Fund Administration, as well as clients who do not avail of other services. Upon calculation of client hedging requirements, the team communicates such requirements to the FX Desk for execution.