Finance & Banking Assistant - Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom, CO1
An exciting position has become available within our Finance department for a Finance & Banking Assistant!
This is a full time role, 08.30 - 17.30 Monday - Friday.
This position will incorporate a range of tasks performed by the Finance Department and will primarily include Banking and Purchase Ledger.
Main banking Duties:
- Reconcile receipts for postal bookings
- Reconcile/process credit card receipts for web bookings
- Reconcile receipts for charity donations
- Prepare, complete and send out Charity Aid Foundation Cheques
- Resolve all identified errors
- Go to the bank to pay in monies when required
Main Purchase Ledger Duties:
- Reconcile payment requests from Holiday Parks
- Report all commission earnings
- Managing the purchase ledger for Holiday Parks
- Making sure that the filing is done in a timely manner and all paperwork is up to date
- Assistance with the finance team as appropriate
Flexibility: to perform other duties, as and when required to ensure the smooth running of the organisation and to meet the needs of the business
Professional Skills & Abilities
- Experience in a banking or finance environment;
- Some knowledge of Double Entry Book Keeping;
- High level of numeracy, with advanced Excel skills;
- Experience of processing large volumes of payments;
- Demonstrates the ability to achieve beyond what is expected;
Interpersonal Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organisational and I.T skills, with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Effectively prioritises tasks in order to meet deadlines;
- Consistently positive attitude towards their job and their colleagues;
- Excels at operating in a fast paced organisation;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent communication at all levels;
- Being professional and thorough;
If you feel you meet this criteria, apply today!