Finance Analyst - City, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1
Fenwick is a store group with a reputation for distinctiveness and innovation, striking the perfect balance between prestige and value. When you join Fenwick you can expect early responsibility and enjoy a varied and challenging role. Few organisations can offer such a unique career not to mention the training and development opportunities along with employee discounts for all of our employees. If you can demonstrate a genuine interest in retail, have a keen eye for detail and enjoy working under pressure we would like to hear from you.
Within the Group Financial Operations function, this position will mainly focus on accounting, controls and reporting. The other part of the role is to look at process & systems improvements and to become an super user supporting the teams.
- Provides day-to-day operations support, ensuring excellent levels of customer service.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements where appropriate.
- Work with Team Manager to develop and implement strategy for the Payroll/AP team.
- Provides functional and technical expertise regarding the business systems.
- Develop and implement testing strategies for all Payroll/AP related system enhancements.
- Conducts audit, reconciliation and accounting of the company payrolls and general ledger accounts to ensure compliance with corporate policies/procedures.
- Ensures full compliance with all regulatory requirements and ensuring that such commitment to compliance is fully communicated to staff, internal and external clients and all other parties within assigned area of responsibility; ensures timely resolution of payroll issues with regulatory authorities.
- Provide analysis and reporting of trends, including budgets, and opportunities for improvement
- MS Office expertise (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Experience on working towards and delivering to targets
- Practical experience of implementing process/system improvements
- Experience of using Payroll/Finance Systems and supporting other users