Finance Business Partner - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
Your new role
This role provides a unique opportunity to work with the leadership team for a Roads Investment Programme and Non Roads divisions. In addition you will be working alongside the Lead Finance Business partner on cross cutting issues across the Major Projects Directorate. You will be responsible for providing financial insight and demonstrating your impact through your influence on finance related matters such as investment decisions, governance, performance, business planning and strategy.
This is a business facing role and you will be expected to build strong and effective relationships across the team in a multi-organisation, collaborative environment. Leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills will be important, in addition to strong financial management and assurance experience.
What you'll be leading on
- You will be responsible for reviewing and providing assurance over the forecast, cost management and financial reporting working closely with the programme management office.
- Act as a strong voice for the finance directorate within the business and building effective relationships with varying stakeholders.
- Provide specialist support, guidance and advice on investment decisions, financial matters and influence performance outcomes.
- Contribute to the programme's business planning process, ensuring that timelines and requirements are understood by all and met, that the budget set is achievable and meets company objective
- Play a key role in upskilling the business on financial matters
- Take responsibility for financial governance and control
To be successful
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong evidence of effective stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experience of demonstrating leadership, the ability to influence and drive a team to deliver high performance
- Experience of managing a business planning process and providing robust analytical guidance and setting budget controls
- Evidence of commercial awareness
Our directorate is responsible for managing the company's £3 billion a year finances, overall governance, assurance and risk management, managing the company's large and dispersed estate, processing damages claims and the operation of the Dart Charge facility. A lot of what we do is like oil in the organisational machinery. We make the business work more smoothly and we help everyone to do their jobs better.? Our vision is to work through partnership and collaboration to secure great resource outcomes for the company and amplify what we achieve with it.
Want to know more?
View our Finance Business Partner role profile here
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.