Finance Graduate - Finance/Banking/Business/Economics - London, United Kingdom,
Finance Graduate - (Finance/Banking/Business/Economics)
Analyst - Global Operations
A global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt with assets under management of approximately $36.2 billion. Employs 164 people, including 71 investment professionals. The firm has an investment track record that dates back to 1998 and strategies that include: senior loans, high yield bonds, direct lending, structured credit, stressed/distressed debt and multi-strategy credit. The investor base includes pension funds, insurance companies, banks and high net worth individuals.
The position will be a role that will give an ambitious individual the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment that affords excellent opportunities to learn about asset management operations, credit markets and alternative fund structures . The role requires an organised, highly motivated, focused individual that welcomes the opportunity to learn and embrace new challenges.
Suitable candidates will likely be those who have recently established a career in banking and have grasped the key fundamentals of banking or asset management operations.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of accounting principles, experience of fund accounting and NAV preparation/ review. The candidate should have certain amount of experience with Audit and Financial Statements preparation process.
This position will focus on European Loans strategy, specifically:
- Daily reconciliation of cash versus custodians
- Validation of cash balances used for allocation purposes.
- Collateral Management - dealing with margin calls and associated queries.
- Active management of custody cash balances to optimise cash returns/minimise costs.
- Monitoring of Fund Investment restrictions.
- Review of static data on Loan, Bond and Equity holdings.
- Periodic position and accrual reconciliation versus custodians/administrators.
- Shadow Accounting/Shadow NAV construction, to facilitate delivery of Performance estimates, Performance Attribution, Investor Reporting.
- Periodic validation of official NAVs.
- FX risk management - via calculation of appropriate hedging transactions.
- Assisting with Financial Statements preparations and the annual Audit
- Excellent academic record (to a minimum of honours under-graduate level, ideally in a business or finance discipline). Post-graduate studies or progression made with professional qualifications is/are desirable.
- Demonstrably numerate with good working knowledge of Excel
- Individual should enjoy working as part of a team and must be highly organised, motivated and hard working.
- A motivation to develop a long-term career in banking/asset management is essential.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Adecco is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.